These terms shall govern your use of the Big Brain Maths (BBM) website. These apply to schools and institutions only and override any other terms found on the BBM website. By using our website, you accept these terms in full.
In consideration of the fees paid to BBM, BBM grants to you, a non-exclusive licence to access and use the worksheets, videos and reporting tools via the BBM website during the term of your licence period. In this regard, you are entitled to use all materials on the BBM website as part of your internal teaching tools and teaching resources.
Notwithstanding the above, you must not:
- sub-license or assign the benefit or burden of the licence whole or in part to anyone;
- attempt to duplicate, modify, disclose or distribute any portion of the website;
- transfer, temporarily or permanently, any rights or obligations under these Terms; or
- attempt to obtain, or assist others in obtaining access to the BBM, the Software and materials on the website other than as provided under these Terms.
Accessing the Site
You acknowledge that you will only be able to access BBM during the term of your licence period. You must not:
- Make electronic copies of content and/or materials on the website for any purpose;
- you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
- remove or alter the copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear on the materials on the website;
- display or distribute any content of the members only section of our website on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web, where access is possible by non-authorised users;
- permit anyone other than the authorised users, licensed by your school or institution to access or use the materials or tools on the website.
To access and use the website, you will need to log into your BBM account using the relevant login details.
You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the BBM website are aware of these Terms and that they comply with them.
Subject to the termination clause pursuant to these Terms, your access to BBM will cease when the agreed licence period expires.
Use of the Site
You may use our websites for lawful purposes only. You must not use our websites:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- in any way that subjects or may subject BBM to any derogatory treatment, misrepresents us, brings us into disrepute, or causes us to incur liability to any third party;
- to knowingly transmit any material that contains viruses or any other harmful program or computer code that is designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You agree not to make available your username and/or password to anyone. If you believe there has been a disclosure of your username and/or password, you agree to notify us immediately of such disclosure, so that we can take appropriate security measures.
You agree that you will promptly notify us of any errors or inaccuracies which relate to the website. In this regards, please contact us using the "contact us" page at on BBM website
You are solely responsible for configuring your computer devices in order to access BBM website and the gain access to the materials on the website, and to provide for your own virus protection software.
You warrant that any Personal Data which you provide complies fully with all relevant data protection legislation.
On expiry of the license period, all data link to your account will automatically be removed from the BBM website and deleted.
We do not warrant that the use of BBM and/or the materials and tools on BBM will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. We may also carry out scheduled maintenance from time to time.
Except as expressly stated in these Terms, there are no conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, express or implied, that are binding on us. Any condition, warranty, representation or other term concerning the supply of the BBM website, the materials and tools which might otherwise be implied into, or incorporated in, these Terms whether by statute, common law or otherwise, is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Where our Websites contain links to third party websites. These websites are outside our control and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site.
We shall not be liable for any direct consequential or indirect consequential loss or damage of any nature whatsoever alleged to be caused by errors or omissions in the information contained on our website.
In no event shall we be liable for any general, special, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, or any damages whatsoever, resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of information available from our website.
In no event shall we be liable for any damage to your computer equipment or software which may occur on account of your access to or use of our website, or your downloading of materials, data, text, or images from our website, whether caused by a virus, bug or otherwise.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of Our Terms through your use of our websites and we reserve the right to disable or close access to BBM and all the materials and tools contained within. When a breach of our Terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with these Terms may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our website.
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any data associated to your account by you to our website.
- issue of a warning to you
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- further legal action against you
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Terms. The responses described in these Terms are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Intellectual Property Rights
The intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it including without limitation, in all documents, files, text, images, graphics, video files, video tutorials and code contained in it and in this website's general "look and feel", is owned by Big Brain Education Limited. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You are authorised to make printed copies the worksheets and student homework from our website and to download any data corresponding to your students for your non-commercial use provided any such copy or print retains all copyright or other proprietary notices and any disclaimer contained within them. All BBM names and logos and those of our third parties, may not be used or reproduced without our prior written consent. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
Other than as specifically mentioned above, reproduction of part or members only content of our website in any form, including framing, creating any derivative work based on this website and or its content, incorporation into other websites, electronic retrieval systems or publications is prohibited. You may not use any diagrams, illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. No links to this website may be included in any other website without our prior written permission.
Except for the limited permission set out above, nothing on this website should be construed as granting any other right or licence.
All notices to be given under these Terms shall be in writing and shall either be delivered personally or sent by courier and shall be deemed duly served:
- in the case of a notice delivered personally, at the time the same is left at the address of, or handed to a representative of, the party to be served; and
- in the case of courier, two clear business days after the date of despatch.
Changes to the Website
We reserve the right to change any part of this website or these Terms at any time without notice. Any changes to these Terms shall take effect from the next time you access the website. You are expected to check these Terms from time to time to take notice of any change we made, as they are binding on you.
Law and jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
How to Contact Us
You can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last reviewed April 2016